Ms. Yang has represented individuals and corporations in both state and federal courts and has experience litigating in a wide array of areas, including antitrust, complex commercial litigation, employee benefits, insurance and reinsurance defense, and white collar defense, which includes DOJ and SEC investigations. Her experience includes drafting pleadings and motions, preparing clients for testimony, taking depositions, second-chairing non-jury trial, and managing and overseeing extensive discovery. In 2014 – 2020, the “Super Lawyers” rating service recognized Ms. Yang as a “Rising Star” in the New York Metropolitan area for her work as a business litigator. In 2015, Ms. Yang was named as a “Rising Star” by ALM’s New York Law Journal, a recognition given to only 50 attorneys under the age of 40 who have established a record of accomplishments and contributed significantly to the practice of law.
Ms. Yang is an active member of the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association. As part of her work for the Section, Ms. Yang serves on the New York State Pattern Jury Instructions Subcommittee, where she conducts research and drafts proposed jury instructions for inclusion in the Official New York Pattern Jury Instructions – Civil volumes.
Before joining our firm, Ms. Yang was a litigation associate at Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP in New York City. She was actively involved in pro bono matters and provided assistance to indigent individuals through the Innocence Project and the Criminal Justice Act. In law school, Ms. Yang interned with the Honorable Leonard B. Austin of the New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division.
- B.A., 2005, Binghamton University
- J.D., 2009, The George Washington University Law School
- New York, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- 2015, Named as a “Rising Star” by ALM’s New York Law Journal
- 2014 – 2020, Selected for Inclusion in New York Metropolitan Edition of Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- “Failing to Heed ERISA’s Claims Procedure: A Fast-Track to Court and De Novo Review,” New York Law Journal, November 5, 2021 (co-authored with Michael Rakower).
- “Incentive Compensation: When a Promise Becomes a Myth,” New York Law Journal, May 6, 2021 (co-authored with Michael Rakower).
- “Attorney Fees Under ERISA §502(g)(1): An Exception to the American Rule,” New York Law Journal, October 10, 2019 (co-authored with Michael Rakower).
- “Intra-Party Indemnification: Deciphering Party Intent,” New York Law Journal, May 24, 2018 (co-authored with Devin W. Ness).
- “Seeking Benefits Owed Under an ERISA Top-Hat Plan: A Primer for Litigators,” New York Law Journal, July 5, 2017 (co-authored with Michael Rakower) (re-published in NY Litigator).
- “Statutory Indemnification of Officers and Directors: Foresight is Power,” New York Law Journal, October 26, 2015 (co-authored with Michael Rakower) (re-published in NY Litigator)
- “Void Versus Voidable Contracts: The Subtle Distinction That Can Affect Good-Faith Purchasers’ Title to Goods,” reprinted with permission from: NY Litigator, Spring 2014, Vol. 19, No. 1, published by the New York State Bar Association, One Elk Street, Albany, NY 12207.
- Associate Member, Federal Bar Council American Inn of Court
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Judiciary Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Asian American Bar Association of New York