Travis is a counselor and business litigator who has represented clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 500 companies in state and federal court, as well as in mediation and arbitration. His experience spans a wide range of subject areas, including complex commercial litigation, contract disputes, intellectual property, insurance, financial services, and employment law.
In 2022, Travis was honored by Super Lawyers for Business Litigation in the New York Metropolitan Area, having been recognized as a “Rising Star” from 2015-2020.
A prominent member of the New York legal community, Travis is active in the New York City Bar Association, where he currently serves on the New York State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction Committee. He is also a long-standing member of the Federal Bar Council, where he serves as Assistant Treasurer, as a member of the Editorial Board of the Council’s Quarterly journal, and as a member of the Council’s Inn of Court.
Travis is an active supporter of his community and the arts. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Music on the Inside (MOTI), a non-profit connecting youth and adults impacted by incarceration with professional musicians as teachers and mentors to bring hope and healing through the transformative power of music.
A graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, Travis has been litigating for more than a decade at global AmLaw 100 firms and litigation boutiques.
- B.A. 2004, Dickinson College
- John Dickinson Scholar
- J.D. 2009, University of Virginia School of Law
- Articles Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law
- State of New York, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa
- 2022, Selected for Inclusion in New York Metropolitan Edition of Super Lawyers for Business Litigation
- 2015-2020, Recognized by Super Lawyers as one of the “Rising Star” Business Litigation in the New York Metropolitan Area
- Member Federal Bar Council
- Assistant Treasurer, Board of Directors
- Member, Program Committee
- Editorial Board, Quarterly
- Associate Member, Federal Bar Council American Inn of Court
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York State Courts of Superior Jurisdiction Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, Commercial and Federal Litigation Section